With the user registration to the portal Dental Online College, the following General Terms and Conditions (hereinafter “GTC”) are agreed between the applicant (user) and Dental Online College GmbH, Dieselstr. 2, 50859 Köln (Dental Online College). The AGB are valid in their current version. The user can access these terms and conditions at any time on the website via the link “Terms and Conditions”.
(1) The presentation of services on the website does not represent a binding offer by Dental Online College.
(2) The user must register before using the services of the website. The user assures that all data provided by him during registration is correct and complete. In the case of changes of the user data, Dental Online College must be notified immediately. The user may not use any pseudonyms. The password may not be passed on by the user.
3) Registration on the portal and or the selection of a subscription by the user through clicking on the button “Buy” represents an offer to conclude a contract for the usage of the offered services on the website of Dental Online College.
The contract takes effect by the confirmation of registration and acceptance of the offer to book a selected subscription, course or individual video by the user through Dental Online College and activation of the user profile. After clicking the “Buy” button, the customer will receive a confirmation e-mail about the order.
(1) The Dental Online College provides the portal members with teaching materials on the essential topics of dentistry in digital form periodically. The Dental Online College reserves the right to make changes or additions to the content provided at any time.
(2) All offers of Dental Online College are non-binding.
(3) The portal member shall receive individual access to the teaching materials which may only be used by the portal member. A transfer of user data to third parties, the shared use of one account by several persons or other usage models in which access is permitted to another and/or additional person in addition to the registered single user is not permitted. The parties reserve the right to deviate from this stated rule by the means of a written individual contract.
(1) Subscription contracts are valid for a term of 12 months, the term will be automatically extended by one year if not cancelled up to 6 weeks before the expiration date. The right to terminate for good cause remains unaffected.
(2) The duration of a trial subscription is 3 months. If an introductory subscription is not cancelled 6 weeks before the end of the term, an introductory subscription is converted into a one-year subscription at the end of the 3rd introductory month, to which then the provisions of section 1 apply. The trial subscription can only be taken out once by a member.
(3) The term of a subscription begins with the acceptance of the offer and the activation of the user profile for the respective subscription by Dental Online College.
(4) The running times (access times) of the videos in individual order are at least 90 days from the the first day of delivery.
(1) Applicable are the respective valid prices on the portal at the time of the conclusion of the contract apply.
(2) Price adjustment: Dental Online College is entitled to adjust the scope of services for a subscription or the conditions under which the service is provided and / or can be accessed at its own discretion. In the event that the scope of the content covered by the subscription (product scope) changes significantly, Dental Online College is entitled to adjust the subscription price to be paid by the user according to the change in the product scope.
Dental Online College is obliged to inform the user about a planned price adjustment by e-mail to the deposited e-mail address about the extent of the planned adjustment and its reasons (adjustment notification).
(3) The cost of acquiring compatible computer software and Internet use are not included in the prices of Dental Online College. The user must create the technical requirements for the use of the services of Dental Online College.
(4) Payment is due immediately upon conclusion of the contract; payment must be made by direct debit authorisation, credit card or PayPal. In case of non-payment Dental Online College is entitled to block the account immediately.
(5) If the payment has been made at the conclusion of the contract as an one-off payment for the 3-month subscription, then in case of an extension according to section 4 the payment for the respective extended period is automatically invoiced pro rata per quarter.
(1) Dental Online College commits to manage the website with the greatest possible care and especially to treat the user data provided confidentially and carefully. In particular maintenance, security and capacity concerns can affect the availability, which is why an availability of the offer of 97% in the annual average is aimed for and promised. This availability can be affected by events that are not within the sphere of influence of Dental Online College (power failures, disruptions in public communication networks, unrest, strikes). Dental Online College is not responsible for the consequences of these events.
(2) Dental Online College has unlimited liability in the case of intent or gross negligence for all damages caused by Dental Online College and the legal representatives or agents of Dental Online College.
(3) In the case of slight negligence, Dental Online College is only liable if Dental Online College has violated an essential contractual obligation in the context of this contract due to slight negligence, the fulfillment of which is essential for the proper execution of the contract and on the compliance of which the contractual partner can regularly rely (cardinal obligations). In these cases the liability is limited to the compensation of those damages, which are typically to be expected within the framework of the respective contractual relationship, i.e. contract-typical foreseeable damages.
(4) The no-fault liability of Dental Online College for damages according to § 536 a paragraph 1 Alt. 1 BGB for defects existing at the time of contract conclusion is excluded.
(5) The liability is not limited by the preceding provisions, insofar as Dental Online College has fraudulently concealed a defect or has assumed a quality guarantee. The same applies to the liability of Dental Online Colleges under the provisions of the Product Liability Act and in the case of injury to life, limb or health.
(6) The above limitations of liability also apply in favor of any legal representatives, organs and agents of Dental Online College.
The contents provided by Dental Online College as well as the logo of Dental Online College are protected by copyright. Any reproduction and/or transfer to third parties is only permitted with the express permission of the Dental Online College.
The Dental Online College adheres the applicable data protection regulations, especially those valid in the Federal Republic of Germany, and obliges its employees in connection with the contract and its execution to maintain confidentiality. Further information on how the Dental Online College handles personal data, the purposes for which the data is processed, the legal basis of the processing and the personal data protection rights of the customers can be found at https://www.dental-online-college.com/datenschutz.
(1) Place of performance and jurisdiction is the seat of the Dental Online College in Cologne.
(2) German law applies under exclusion of the UN sales law.
In the case of individual provisions of these General Terms and Conditions being or becoming invalid, the general validity of the remaining provisions shall not be affected.
(1) If the user is a consumer within the meaning of § 13 BGB (German Civil Code), he is entitled to a right of revocation in accordance with the statutory provisions.
(2) The right of withdrawal is governed by the legal provisions and the detailed rules set out in the following cancellation policy:
You have the right to revoke the contract within fourteen days without providing any reasons.
The revocation period is fourteen days beginning with the day you or a third party named by you, who is not the carrier, have taken possession of the last goods or the last partial shipment or the last piece.
In order to exercise your right of withdrawal, you must inform us,
Dental Online College GmbH, Dieselstraße 2, 50859 Köln, Tel. + 49 2234 70 11 580 and info(at)dental-online-college.com in the form of a clear statement (e.g. in a letter sent via mail or e-mail) of your decision to withdraw from this contract. You can use the attached sample cancellation form, which is not mandatory.
In order to comply with the revocation period, it is sufficient to send the notification of the exercise of the right of revocation before the end of the revocation period.
If you revoke this agreement, we shall reimburse you for all payments we have received from you, including delivery charges (except for any additional costs arising from your choice of a delivery method other than the cheaper standard delivery offered by us), without delay and at the latest within fourteen days starting with the date on which we receive notification of your revocation of this agreement. We will use the same means of payment for this refund as you used for the original transaction, unless expressly agreed with you to do otherwise; in no case will you be charged for this refund. We may refuse to refund until we have received the goods back or until you have provided proof that you have returned the goods, whichever is earlier.
You must return or hand over the goods to Dental Online College GmbH, Dieselstraße 2, 50859 Cologne, immediately and in each case within fourteen days at the latest from the day on which you inform us of the cancellation of this contract. The deadline is met if you send the goods before the end of the fourteen-day period.
You bear the direct costs of returning the goods.
You shall only be liable for any loss of value of the goods if this loss of value is due to handling of the goods which is not necessary for testing the nature, properties and functioning of the goods.
According to the legal provisions, the right of revocation is not available among other things, for contracts for the delivery of goods which are not prefabricated and for the production of which an individual selection or determination by the consumer is decisive or which are clearly tailored to the personal needs of the consumer, nor for contracts for the delivery of sound or video recordings or computer software in a sealed package if the seal was removed after delivery.
In particular, the right of withdrawal does not apply to contracts for the provision of services in the fields of accommodation for purposes other than residential, transport of goods, car rental, supply of food and beverages and other services related to leisure activities, if the contract provides for a specific date or period for the provision of such services.
The right of revocation expires with the execution of the contract, provided that the execution is commissioned by the user before the expiry of the statutory period and the user was informed of this. The execution of the contract begins with the first retrieval of the digital contents by the user. Dental Online College is obliged to inform the user separately about the consequences of the execution of the contract before the end of the cancellation period, § 312f section 3, § 356 section 5 BGB.