With the registration of the user in the portal of Dental Online College, the following General Terms and Conditions (hereinafter “GTC”) are agreed between the applicant (user) and Dental Online College GmbH, Dieselstr. 2, 50859 Köln (Dental Online College). The AGB are valid in their current version. The user can access these terms and conditions at any time on the website under the link “Terms and Conditions”.
(1) The presentation of the services on the website does not represent a binding offer by Dental Online College.
(2) The user must register before using the services of the website. The user assures that all data provided by him during registration is true and complete. Dental Online College must be notified immediately of any changes to the user data. The user may not use any pseudonyms. The password may not be passed on by the user.
(3) Registration in the portal and selection of a subscription by the user by clicking on the button “Buy” represents an offer to conclude a contract for the use of the services of Dental Online College offered on the website.
The contract is concluded by confirmation of registration and acceptance of the offer to book a selected subscription, course or individual video by the user through Dental Online College and activation of the user. After clicking on the “Buy” button, you will receive a confirmation e-mail about your purchase.
(1) The Dental Online provides the portal members with teaching materials in digital form on the essential topics of dentistry at regular intervals. The Dental Online College reserves the right to make changes or additions to the content provided at any time.
(2) All offers of Dental Online College are subject to change.
(3) The portal member shall receive individual access to the teaching materials. This may only be used by the portal member. A transfer of user data to third parties, the shared use of access by several persons or other usage models in which access is permitted to another and/or additional person in addition to the registered single user is not permitted. The parties reserve the right to deviate from this by means of a written individual contract.
(1) Subscription contracts are concluded for a term of 12 months, the term is extended by a further year if not cancelled up to 6 weeks before expiry. The right to terminate for good cause remains unaffected.
(2) The duration of a trial subscription is 3 months. If an introductory subscription is not cancelled 6 weeks before the end of the term, an introductory subscription is converted into a yearly subscription at the end of the 3rd introductory month, to which the provisions of section 1 then apply.
(3) The term of a subscription begins with the acceptance of the offer and the activation of the user for the respective subscription by Dental Online College.
(4) The running times (access times) of the videos in individual purchase are at least 90 days from the date of purchase.
(1) The respective valid prices on the portal at the time of the conclusion of the contract apply.
(2) Price adjustment
Dental Online College reserves the right to adjust the service/product scope for a subscription and/or the conditions under which the service is provided and/or can be accessed at its discretion.
Dental Online College reserves the right to adjust the price of a subscription if the product scope, i.e. the scope of the content available via the Internet offer, changes significantly. Corresponding adjustments will not exceed a change of 5 % of the previous price per calendar year.
Dental Online College will inform the customers about a planned adjustment at least 8 weeks in advance by e-mail to the deposited e-mail address about a planned price adjustment and its reasons (adjustment notification).
Every customer has the right to terminate the contract with Dental Online College within a period of 6 weeks after receipt of the notification of adjustment, which Dental Online College will inform the customer of together with the notification of the price adjustment. Upon expiry of the period of notice without a declaration of termination, the contractual relationship shall automatically be continued under the conditions notified in the adjustment notification. Components of the contract not affected by the adjustment notification remain unaffected.
(3) The cost of acquiring compatible computer software and Internet use are not included in the prices of Dental Online College. The user must create the technical requirements for the use of the services of Dental Online College.
(4) Payment is due immediately upon conclusion of the contract; payment is made by direct debit authorisation, credit card or PayPal. In case of non-payment Dental Online College is entitled to block the account immediately.
(5) If the payment has been made at the conclusion of the contract as an one-off payment for the 3-month subscription, then in the case of an extension according to section 4 the payment for the respective extended period is automatically invoiced pro rata per quarter.
(1) Dental Online College undertakes to manage the website with the greatest possible care, in particular to treat the user data provided confidentially and carefully.
(2) A 100% technical availability of the website is technically not realizable. The Dental Online College makes every effort to keep the website constantly available. In particular maintenance, security and capacity concerns as well as events that are not within the sphere of influence of the Dental Online College (power failures, disruptions in public communication networks) can lead to a short-term failure of the services on the website.
(3) Dental Online College is liable for damages, regardless of the legal grounds for intent and gross negligence without limitation. In the case of simple negligence, Dental Online College is only liable for damages resulting from injury to life, limb and health, as well as for damages resulting from the violation of a so-called “cardinal obligation”, i.e. an essential contractual obligation, the fulfillment of which makes the proper execution of the contract possible in the first place and on the compliance of which users regularly rely and may rely. In this case, the liability of Dental Online College is limited to compensation for so-called “contract-typical foreseeable damages”, i.e. those damages that must typically be expected to occur within the framework of the respective contractual relationship.
(4) A limitation of liability does not apply if the Dental Online College has fraudulently concealed a defect or has assumed a quality guarantee. The same applies to the liability of Dental Online College under the provisions of the Product Liability Act.
(5) The limitation of liability applies accordingly to legal representatives and agents of Dental Online College.
The contents provided by Dental Online College as well as the logo of Dental Online College are protected by copyright. Any reproduction and/or transfer to third parties is only permitted with the express permission of Dental Online College.
The Dental Online College observes the applicable data protection regulations, especially those valid in the Federal Republic of Germany, and obliges its employees employed in connection with the contract and its execution to maintain confidentiality. Further information on how Dental Online College handles personal data, the further purposes for which the data is processed, the legal basis of the processing and the personal data protection rights of the customers can be found at www.dental-online-college.com/datenschutz.
(1) Place of performance and jurisdiction is the seat of the Dental Online College in Cologne.
(2) German law applies under exclusion of the UN sales law.
Should individual provisions of these General Terms and Conditions be or become invalid, the validity of the remaining provisions shall not be affected.
(1) If the user is a consumer within the meaning of § 13 BGB (German Civil Code), he is entitled to a right of revocation in accordance with the statutory provisions.
(2) The right of withdrawal is governed by the legal provisions and the detailed rules set out in the following cancellation policy:
You have the right to revoke the contract within fourteen days without giving reasons.
The revocation period is fourteen days from the day on which you or a third party named by you, who is not the carrier, have taken possession of the last goods or the last partial shipment or the last piece.
In order to exercise your right of withdrawal, you must inform us,
Dental Online College GmbH, Dieselstraße 2, 50859 Köln, Tel. + 49 2234 70 11 580 and email@example.com in the form of a clear statement (e.g. in a letter sent by post or in an e-mail) of your decision to withdraw from this contract. You can use the attached sample cancellation form, which is not mandatory.
In order to comply with the revocation period, it is sufficient to send the notification of the exercise of the right of revocation before the end of the revocation period.
If you revoke this Agreement, we shall reimburse you for all payments we have received from you, including delivery charges (except for any additional costs arising from your choice of a delivery method other than the cheaper standard delivery offered by us), without delay and at the latest within fourteen days of the date on which we receive notification of your revocation of this Agreement. We will use the same means of payment for this refund as you used for the original transaction, unless expressly agreed otherwise with you; in no event will you be charged for this refund. We may refuse to refund until we have received the goods back or until you have provided proof that you have returned the goods, whichever is earlier.
You must return or hand over the goods to Dental Online College GmbH, Dieselstraße 2, 50859 Cologne, immediately and in each case within fourteen days at the latest from the day on which you inform us of the cancellation of this contract. The deadline is met if you send the goods before the end of the fourteen-day period.
You bear the direct costs of returning the goods.
You shall only be liable for any loss of value of the goods if this loss of value is due to handling of the goods which is not necessary for testing the nature, properties and functioning of the goods.
According to the legal provisions, the right of revocation is not available, among other things, for contracts for the delivery of goods which are not prefabricated and for the production of which an individual selection or determination by the consumer is decisive or which are clearly tailored to the personal needs of the consumer, nor for contracts for the delivery of sound or video recordings or computer software in a sealed package if the seal was removed after delivery.
In particular, the right of withdrawal does not apply to contracts for the provision of services in the fields of accommodation for purposes other than residential, transport of goods, car rental, supply of food and beverages and other services related to leisure activities, if the contract provides for a specific date or period for the provision of such services.
The right of revocation expires with the execution of the contract, provided that the execution is commissioned by the user before the expiry of the statutory period and the user was informed of this. The execution of the contract begins with the first retrieval of the digital contents by the user. Dental Online College is obliged to inform the user separately about the consequences of the execution of the contract before the end of the cancellation period, § 312f section 3, § 356 section 5 BGB.